New Post has been published on http://dashofhealthy.com/2013/12/06/holiday-gift-guide/
Holiday Gift Guide!
It’s time for that man in the big red suit to make his appearance, and I couldn’t be happier!
I am nearly finished my Christmas shopping, and I decided to share some holiday decor that have caught my eye this holiday season!
1. Holiday Garland. You are all aware of my
obsessionlove with garland! I am totally crushing on the banners by Yellow Bird Yellow Beard. Here are my favorites: felt christmas tree garland, paper presents garland, and the holly leaves felt garland. I have to admit that I have not ordered any garland as of yet, but when I do these precious gems will be in my shopping cart! I cannot wait to have my house situated so I can start ordering! Yaya holidays!
2. Holiday Banner. While I am still working on my favorites, I personally think a holiday banner is a must! I think all fireplaces should be decked out in either “Merry Christmas” or “Fa-la-la-la-la”. It’s just how it must be! Just the way it is! Here are a few banners that I have added to my favorites on my Etsy page. Here, here, and here. We may not have a fire place, but there WILL be a banner hanging from something in our house! I can promise you that!
3. Holiday Printable’s. Another must-have on my decor list are printable’s. I was able to land some great deals from one of my favorite Etsy shops: jandpaper. I am really loving the chalkboard prints this season (and every season), and Jessica from jandpaper has went beyond any of my expectations! So far I am the proud owner of Rockin’ around the Christmas Tree, Holly Jolly Christmas, this Irish toast, and this black cat Halloween printable. I really adore the quality of her work. Did I mention they are all drawn by hand and not computer generated!? AND her prints are still great up to 16×20! Cha-ching! Now if only I could find “Baby it’s Cold Outside”, and “Eat Drink and be Merry” printable’s that I like… If you know of any, please provide a link in the comments section below!
4. Holiday Straws. I can finally say “done and done!”. My green and red straws have landed in Canada, and they are nestled in my parents’ spare bedroom. I am looking forward to slurping lactose-free holiday drinks with these ever-so-darling straws from Custom Celebrations! I am positive that drinking from pretty red and green straws will only improve the holiday celebrations
5. Holiday Everything! I can honestly say this is my FAVORITE time of year! I truly believe your entire house should be decked out from ceiling to crevasse in holiday decor! From your pillows to your coffee mug (to name a few!) Otherwise we cannot be GREAT friends! You wouldn’t want that, now would you?
Now onto possible gifts for your loved ones! OR if you are like me… Yourself
I did that. I am not ashamed :S
Yes, yes… GIFT time!
Gift ideas for:
1. The Festive Sweater-Wearer. This Limited Holidays Sweatshirt is available in both kids and adults with the option of glitter or without glitter. It is $27.00 but Hello Apparel are currently having a 25% sale! A necessity this Christmas to honor a holiday favorite is the Merry Christmas Ya Filthy Animal collection. I have ordered the 3 1/4 sleeve shirt in red and white for myself, and the red t-shirt for Garrett. This design is available in a variety of sizes (newborn onesi-adult), and a variety of colors! We are super excited for these babes to make their debut all Christmas-long! For other totally amazing Christmas apparel, visit the Etsy site and search “Ugly Christmas Sweater”. There are some really great finds that will certainly boost your holiday spirit!
2. The Beauty Queen. Smashbox has some great holiday collections that I CANNOT wait to get my hands on! I have to admit I am just bouncing back into the whole makeup scene, but I am ready to make a come-back with these glorious shades! It helps that the reviews are so positive (thus far), and the prices are not TOO too crazy! I have my eyes on the Wondervision Mega Palette , Wondervision Lip Gloss set, and the Wondervision Eye Set ! Whoa! That was a mouthful. While these sets may be out of our price range for friends or loved ones, there is another solution to this gift-giving madness. Ipsy! For those of you who have not heard about this amazing service here is the Ipsy low-down! For a fee of $10/month or $110/year (plus shipping), you can send your love ones a monthly package (glambag) filled with a variety of makeup samples chosen by the company. While you may not be able to afford the yearly subscription, you may look into paying for a monthly treasure instead! There is a catch (isn’t there always?!) There is an approximate two month waiting period before the recipient actually receives their glambag. A delayed gift, sure. BUT! That means a whole new level of excitement during the January-lows! BEST GIFT-GIVER EVER!
3. Warm Holiday Clothing! There is nothing worst than being unprepared for the cold! So I have provide you with a collection of warm items I have been eyeing this season. This cable cowl scarf from The Gap, these embellished sweaters from Old Navy (I think I have ordered like 3 of them already) along with this jeweled crew sweater (I NEED!). This sweater from Hello Apparel is bound to get anyone in the Christmas spirit (even the Scrooge of the family). I have actually seen this sweater made into an off-the-shoulder sweater – TO DIE FOR! I MUST have it! Along with these marled leggings from the gap
4. Cheap Holiday Dresses. Because who likes to pay a million dollars for a dress they will most likely wear once? My verdict: Search websites like Beyond the Rack, Tobi, and Windsorstore. I like BTR because after you make one purchase (usually something small), you are automatically entitled to free shipping on all purchases for like a day. This is sometimes extended because of certain deals that are ongoing (like right now!) As for Windsorstore, Canadians will suffer the 20-something-dollar shipping to Canada.
More holiday cheer to come! (I promise)
I have to cut this post short because we are off to our first ski trip of the season AND THEN flying back to Canada for Christmas the very next morning. Hello 6am flight! :S
I wish you all the best in your Christmas shopping endeavors!